Take the Magic Tree House Read Around the World Classroom Challenge
In 1992, a chapter book series launched and instantly sparked a love of reading in children. The Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osborne is a classroom staple that has had a significant impact on the way children around the world learn to read. In 2017, we celebrate 25 years of this legacy of growing readers. To celebrate we invite you and your students to travel around the world with Jack and Annie and be eligible to win exclusive prizes.
HERE IS HOW YOUR CLASS CAN BECOME OFFICIAL MAGIC TREE HOUSE WORLD TRAVELERS:
- Magic Tree House adventures take place all over the world. Together, set a goal for how many titles you would like to read about each continent. The books can be read alone, in pairs or groups, with older reading buddies, or read aloud by you. As you help students select books, keep in mind that there are now three distinct lines in the series that are explained on the back of this page.
- Download the starter materials below. Hang up the poster to record your students’ progress and place the accompanying seals on each continent on the map as reading goals are met. Hand out the enclosed Progress Tracker Cards to each student, which you can use to track their individual progress.
- Once you’ve reached your goal, take a photograph of the poster and upload it here along with an official submission.
- You will receive a confirmation that you and your students are official Magic Tree House World Travelers and a certificate of achievement will be e-mailed to you.
THE FIRST 500 CLASSROOMS TO BECOME OFFICIAL MAGIC TREE HOUSE WORLD TRAVELERS WILL RECEIVE AN EXCLUSIVE MAGIC TREE HOUSE CLASSROOM BANNER.
Of those 500 classrooms, a lucky three will be randomly selected to receive:
- A Skype classroom visit with Magic Tree House author Mary Pope Osborne
- A class pizza party to celebrate their achievement
- A full set of Magic Tree House books
DOWNLOAD THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS TO GET STARTED!
Click here to see the official rules.